Water cooler dispensers have been used widely in offices and factories around the world for a long time now. But in recent past, many people are buying hot and cold dispensers for their home as well. The water cooler variants which come with an inbuilt filtration system has been the top selling model in past few years. One big benefit of having this type of dispenser at home is that apart from providing hot and cold water on demand, it also ensures that water you and your family drink is free from bacteria, contamination and other impurities.
Because there are multiple options available in different price range, it is quiet easy to get overwhelmed when you are out in the market trying to buy a decent water cooler. In this article, you will learn about various features to look for when choosing a water dispenser for your home.
There are numerous categories of water dispensers available in market. The first and one of the very popular variant is countertop hot and cold water dispenser. Buying this type of dispenser is a very useful choice for people who do not have much space in their kitchen. These are small in size and come with a capacity of loading 3 to 5 gallon water bottles. Some premium models in this category come with an inbuilt water filtration system. One disadvantage of having a tabletop dispenser is that it takes up good amount of space on your kitchen counter. Another downside is that most countertop models cannot load heavier water bottles and are required to be refilled again and again. If your budget allows you can go for more expensive bottle less countertop dispenser. These dispenser directly connects to your buildings main water line.
The second best selling category of water dispensers is free standing water coolers. These units are bigger in size and can easily load heavier water bottles. Usually most freestanding dispensers have better cooling as well as heating capacity as compared to the countertop models. Depending on your kitchen size and available counter space, you can choose between either of models. Most free- standing water dispensers come with a small storage cabinet on the lower front side. This area can be used for storing cups, glasses, cup noodles. Coffee cans, etc. If you do not want to buy pre-treated water bottles every time, you can buy a mains fed dispenser, which will source water from your building’s water line.
Before are some of the features you should look for when buying a water dispenser for your home-
1) It should dispense both hot and cold temperature.
2) You should check how much cold or hot water the unit can dispense in an hour. Different modes come with different capacities.
3) The unit should be energy star qualified and should consume less electricity. Many new models come with power saving mode.
4) The water storage tank inside the unit should be made of food grade stainless steel. This helps in keeping the purity and taste of water intact.
5) Removable drip trays is a useful feature to look for. This makes the job of cleaning the drip tray very easy.
Although all manufacturers claim that their products have long life, but no one can guarantee for how long a home appliance is going to work. It is not always important that old home appliance will wear out quickly as compared to new one. If the quality of newly bought home appliance is not good, it will wear out quickly than the older but good quality appliance. Although home appliance break down every now and then, but their demand always keeps on increasing. Instead of replacing a damaged home appliance, you also have an option of repairing it.
When we buy home appliance from reputed brands, they run for years without giving any problem. Therefore, we take them for granted, this is the reason why many people get panic, when their appliance break down. Usually, when a situation like this happen, you have these choices – Replace the old appliance, Repair it on your own or call a technician to repair it.
All three options have their own advantages and disadvantages.
1) Repairing on your own – The biggest benefit of choosing this option is cost saving. As you are not replacing the appliance nor hiring a technician, you are able to save on the technician’s service charge, as well as cost of buying new appliance. You will be able to save further, if you already have the necessary tools required to do the repairing work. On the other hand, one big disadvantage of this option is that you can end up damaging the appliance if you do not have the required expertise. Most people do not have necessary knowledge and experience to repair an appliance with tools available at home.
2) Technician – Calling a technician to repair a broken appliance is one of the most common choices that people make to get the job done. A technical person will have the necessary skills and experience required to repair the appliance. It is a safe and cost effective option, as you will not be required to spend money on buying a new equipment. Most technicians will do repairs on site, i.e. your home or office and charge a very nominal service fee.
3) Buying a new Appliance – Amongst all three, this is the most expensive option. People who are low on budget will not find this option very attractive. Sometimes it is possible that you are able to fix the broken appliance for a small fraction of amount that you will spend on buying a new appliance.
Depending on situation and factors like time and budget all the above three options can be a viable choice for different people. It is important to first understand the level of damage and take the cost estimate before making a final call.
First of all, a big thank you for stopping bye my blog. My name is kelly and I worked several years in home appliance retain industry. I have always wanted to have a blog to share my knowledge about different types of home appliances that you can buy for your home and office. I carry a strong interest in this industry and have been a best performer for several months in electronic stores. Home appliance add value and comfort to your home. There are multiple varieties of home appliances available in market in different price range. It is not always important that the only most expensive ones will solve your need. The customer who have a clear understanding about his requirement and a fair knowledge about the available models will always be in a win win situation.